Schedule of Programmes
Nigerian Pragmatics Association (NPrA)
2ND NATIONAL WORKSHOP CUM CONFERENCE
Kindly note the following important information on the Workshop-cum Conference of the Nigerian Pragmatics Association.
1. The dates of the workshop/conference have been changed.
2. NEW DATES: 28 April – 1 May, 2019
NEW DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS: 20 March, 2019
NEW CLOSE OF EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION: 2 April, 2019.
VENUE: Bowen University
3. Participation is open to both members and non-members, so, kindly encourage your colleagues and students to also attend.
4. There will be a pre-workshop symposium on theories of pragmatics in the afternoon/evening of the 28th of April, 2019.
5. There will be workshop and brainstorming sessions, as we had them in LASU in 2018; but beyond these, special sessions are arranged for undergraduate students (and interested graduate students) to familiarise them with the discipline of pragmatics. You are therefore kindly enjoined to encourage your students to attend.
6. Participation is not tied to submission of abstracts, i.e. submitting an abstract is not a condition for participation. The workshop, covering the keynote, plenary presentations and brainstorming/training sessions, is a very crucial part of the event. See the flier for details.
7. Abstracts could be written on the theme of the workshop or any pragmatically relevant topic and should be submitted electronically to the LOC at firstname.lastname@example.org. Submission deadline 20 March, 2019.
8. Intending participants are encouraged to take advantage of the early bird registration to register for the event by contacting the organisers. It is cheaper. A soft copy of the flier is attached for relevant information on how to go about it. The new deadline for early bird registration is 2 April, 2019.
9. Participants are also encouraged to book their accommodation as early as possible to be able to secure accommodation inside or close to Bowen University.
10. We look forward to your participation at the Bowen University Workshop-cum Conference.
Professor Akin Odebunmi,
Akin Odebunmi, PhD
Professor of Pragmatics and Discourse Analysis,
Department of English
University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria
President, Nigerian Pragmatics Association (NPrA);
Alumnus, Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, Germany;
Director, University of Ibadan Centre of Excellence
in Teaching and Learning, Ebrohime Road, UI