Terms of Service
We protect your personal information and will only provide it to third parties:
- with your consent;
- where it is necessary to carry out your instructions;
- as reasonably necessary in order to provide our features and functionality to you;
- when we reasonably believe it is required by law, subpoena or other legal process; or
- as necessary to enforce our User Agreement or protect the rights, property, or safety of The Nigerian Pragmatics Association, its Members and End users, and the public.
What information do we collect?
- When you apply to register as a member, you provide us with information (including your name, email address, phone number, institution name, and password) that we use to offer you a personalized, relevant experience on our website and secretariat.
- When you contact us for support, personal contact information, such as name, institution name, address, phone number, email address, and any other information necessary for us to provide you with solution to your enquiries and access to the relevant aspects of the Association are requested. The Personal Information you provided is used for such purposes as answering questions, improving the content of the website, customizing the content, and communicating with you about what we do and stand for, including specials offers, news and programmes/events.
- We do not collect email address from The Pragmatics Association of Nigeria (PrAN)’s programmes and services for marketing purpose.
- If you do not apply for membership, we do not solicit nor collect any information in whatever form from you. However, information regarding your name, email address, and phone number are required where you need to get information from us through our “contact us” page.
Right to be forgotten: Social profile data that is fetched from a social application is stored in two places WordPress database & our website (pragmaticsng.org). Website administrator can delete a specific end user’s social profile data from WordPress & pragmaticsng.org if an end user who is a registered member requests so.
All data that is in transit because of pragmaticsng.org is encrypted with a key that is unique to the customer registered in the Social Login plugin.
When login-in through any of the social media apps, End users will be asked for consent if they agree to the terms and conditions of your website. If they deny consent, they will not be logged in and no data will be fetched.
By clicking “I agree to terms and condition” implies that the End Users has read, fully understood and agreed to all letters of this document.